About our company
Latin Labor Staffing is a privately owned employment services company, specialized in providing Light Industrial staffing solutions for medium to large Clients, who follow the business model of outsourcing all, or part of their personnel; or those with fluctuating needs in their workforce, additional services include placements and temporary to permanent (temp-to-perm) employees.
Founded in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2005, the principals of the Company are staffing industry veterans, active in the Atlanta area for 15 years prior, who decided on Charlotte for their first venture because of the city’s vibrant economy and growth. In 2012, the Owners decided to return to their Georgia roots, opening an office in Atlanta to service existing and new accounts in that market area.
Latin Labor Staffing has received HUB certification from the state of North Carolina as a minority owned business, is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Latin American Chamber of Commerce.
Who is Latin Labor
Our internal Clients will be treated with respect, given the proper information, selected for success, trained for safety and efficiency, spoken to truthfully and expect the same in return. They are most valued members of our business family and should expect no less than to be rewarded and treated as such.
We do one thing, we do it right: Employment/Staffing.
- We will always do the right thing.
- We will seek ways to be meaningful and important to our Clients
- We always show respect for our Clients.
- We let Clients know we are there for them, for every personnel need and we mean it.
- We are not upset or surprised at our Client’s requests.
- We will create truthful expectations.
- We will keep Clients well and timely informed.
- We will internally work as a team and will remain a team to attain our Client’s goals.
- We will get it done.
- We must remain profitable in order to stay in business and do the above.
Company Management, Account Managers and Recruiters, set up “Touch Points”, where employees will be contacted to:
- Receive feedback, provide encouragement and explain expectations.
- Give feedback to the employee as to their progress and provide positive reinforcement.
- Scheduled visits by Staffing Agency, for employees for questions or general consultations.